A colossal De Bruyne brings City closer to the title with a poker

Waiting for the newly signed Erling Haaland to join next season, a majestic Kevin de Bruyne put Manchester City a little closer to conquering the Premier League by single-handedly scoring four goals against Wolverhampton at Molineux (1- 5).

De Bruyne signed a ‘hat trick’ with his ‘bad’ leg, the left, in the first 24 minutes of the match and in the second he completed with his right a poker that again gives City three points ahead and an advantage of + 7 on overall goal difference over Liverpool with just two games remaining.

It remains for City to visit West Ham on Sunday and host Aston Villa on May 22, while Liverpool, who will play the FA Cup final against Chelsea on Saturday, will travel to Southampton on Tuesday the 17th and on the 22nd will close in Anfield against Wolves.

Fernandinho as central defender and Laporte, also KO

Pep Guardiola lined up Fernandinho as a central defender against the absence of John Stones and Rúben Dias and in the second half he also lost Aymeric Laporte after receiving a blow to his right knee and Nathan Aké came on in his place.

Despite having the defense in the box, since full-back Kyle Walker is also not available, City came out very plugged in and, already in the 7th minute, De Bruyne opened the scoring after receiving a great pass between the lines from Bernardo Silva and crossing against José Sá .

Wolves respond with 1-1

The match surprised from the start as a less open game was expected as Wolves were the fourth team with the fewest goals after City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Bruno Lage’s team responded to the overwhelming start of the ‘citizens’ with a perfect counter started by Raúl Jiménez, followed by Pedro Neto and culminated by Leander Dendoncker (11′). It is the first goal that City has conceded after five league trips in a row, leaving a clean sheet.

But De Bruyne didn’t want any surprises, he took responsibility and, in the 16th minute, he took advantage of José Sá denying a pass attempt by him to Raheem Sterling and the Belgian made it 1-2.

De Bruyne’s third with his left foot

City continued to play with great intensity and, in the 24th minute, De Bruyne finished off a run with an unappealable left-footed shot. Rodri and Joao Cancelo, with a couple of shots that went just high, were able to extend the lead before Wolves reacted early in the second half and tried to get back into the match.

De Bruyne put an end to any hint of doubt by shooting the 1-4 on a loose ball after a cross from Phil Foden (60′). Until then, City had finished off four times between the three suits, demonstrating a devastating effectiveness.

Sterling closes the third little hand in four days

Foden made it 1-5 when he finished off a pass from De Bruyne and, although Wolves never stopped attacking, forcing Ederson to shine in a Raúl Jiménez rosaca, Sterling closed his hand on an empty goal on a bounced ball that he sent I cancel (84′).

An insatiable De Bruyne caressed his room both with a whiplash to the stick. The City, after the blow that led to the elimination in the semifinals of the Champions League against Real Madrid, linked his second little hand in a row after the 5-0 win over Newcastle on Sunday. Before it came from a 5-1 at Watford and a 0-4 at Leeds.

Wolves: Jose Sa; Jonny, Coady, Boly; Chiquinho, Dendoncker, Rúben Neves, Moutinho (Cundle, 85′), Aït-Nouri; Pedro Neto (Hwang Hee-Chan, 72′), Raúl Jiménez (Trincão, 72′) Manchester City: Ederson; Cancelo, Fernandinho (Mahrez, 77′), Laporte (Aké, 61′), Zinchenko; De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan; Sterling, Foden (Grealish, 81′), Bernardo Silva​Goals: 0-1 De Bruyne (7′), 1-1 Dendoncker (11′), 1-2 De Bruyne (16′), 1-3 De Bruyne ( 24′), 1-4 De Bruyne (60′), 1-5 Sterling (84′) Referee: Martin Atkinson. Yellow card for De Bruyne (78′)Stadium: Molineux Stadium

see game file